Being stuck into one mobile number from a particular carrier is not the case anymore. Now, a single tiny little component being inserted into your eSIM supported devices gives you the freedom to maintain a connection anywhere by connecting a service provided by any of a number of competing telecom providers.
Surely, this is the power of the eSIM (Embedded SIM) which becomes the mainstream of the smartphone market. While the Apple iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR were the most common eSIM supported devices in 2018, new Apple smartphones along with non-Apple smartphones were also certain to evolve to be counted as eSIM supported devices, as well.
Here is a list of the best eSIM supported devices 2022. Rejoice and get scrolling!
iPhone eSIM Supported Devices
Apple seems to have switched to adopting eSIM technology since 2018. So, the iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR are smartphones with eSIM enabled technology. Referring to 2019, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and Pro Max also have an eSIM support out of the box, Apple continues to release new eSIM supported devices such as; the iPhone 12 series & iPhone 13 series devices.
For a while yet, these iPhones can use eSIM or regular physical SIM because few eSIM networks are available worldwide. Scroll down to see all iPhone eSIM supported devices and decide what iPhone suits your need the most.
- iPhone SE 3 (2022)
- iPhone 14 Pro & iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 14 Plus & iPhone 14
- iPhone 13 Pro & iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 & iPhone 13 Mini
- iPhone 12 Pro & iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 & iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone SE 2 (2020)
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Ceramic Shield front
- Textured matte glass back and
stainless steel design
- Dual eSIM.
- HDR display
- Face ID
iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus
- Ceramic Shield front
- Glass back and aluminum design
- Dual eSIM
- HDR display
- Face ID
iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Mini
The iPhone 12 Mini is the world’s smallest, thinnest, and lightest 5G handset, making it even easier to download movies and videos:
- Super-fast 5G speed
- Super Retina XDR OLED display
iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max
- Game-changing 5G speed
- Amazing camera
- Industry-leading IP68 water resistance
- A14 Bionic cheap with up to 50% faster CPU and GPU
- MagSafe for wireless charging
iPhone SE 2020
This release of the iPhone family is considered the cheapest eSIM capable iOS device:
- More compact size
- Great display quality
- Affordable price
- Audio sharing
- Convenient Touch ID lock.
It features fast performance, excellent camera quality, and long battery life with an affordable starting price.
iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max
Your ideal partner in travel with its quality triple-camera system
- Longer battery life
- Gigabit-class LTE with faster download speed
iPhone XS or XS Max
It is known for its superior depth-sensing and Faces ID function within the camera programming:
- Vibrant, high-resolution OLED display
- 2x telephoto rear camera
- Fast cellular connectivity on LTE, with improved Wi-Fi antennas
Activate your data plans on an eSIM iPhone:
- First, go to Settings > Cellular, then tap Add Cellular Plan
- After that, position iPhone so that the QR code provided by your carrier appears in the frame, or enter the details manually. However, you may be asked to enter a confirmation code provided by your carrier.
- Finally, tap Add Cellular Plan.
Alternatively, you can activate your cellular plan through your carrier’s app (if supported). Firstly, go to the App Store, then download your carrier’s app and use the app to activate a cellular plan.
Also, you can store more than one eSIM on your iPhone, but you can use only one eSIM at a time. To switch eSIMs:
- Go to Settings > Cellular.
- Tap the plan you want to use.
- Then tap “Turn on This Line”.
Google Pixel eSIM Supported Devices
Google phones, Google Pixel 2, and Google Pixel 2 XL were the first phones in the world to support the eSIM technology in 2017. This increased the chance of adopting this technology in the future release of its devices. Google continued releasing new eSIM-supported devices since then.
Here is the list of Google Pixel eSIM-supported devices:
- Google Pixel 2 (only phones bought with Google Fi service).
- Google Pixel 2 XL.
- Google Pixel 3 (not including phones bought in Australia, Taiwan, or Japan. Phones bought with US or Canadian carriers other than Spring and Google Fi don’t work with eSIM).
- Google Pixel 3 XL.
- Google Pixel 3a (not including phones bought in Japan or with Verizon service).
- Google Pixel 3a XL.
- Google Pixel 4.
- Google Pixel 4a.
- Google Pixel 4 XL.
- Google Pixel 5.
- Google Pixel 5a.
- Google Pixel 6.
- Google Pixel 6 Pro.
- Google Pixel 7
- Google Pixel 7 Pro
Here are the details about some google pixel devices
Google Pixel 3A, Google Pixel 3A XL
Having a true dual-SIM being added to the Pixel 3A or Pixel 3A XL with Android 10 update makes it the first to enable the use of two networks simultaneously. However, the new update for the pixel phones has to do with the ability to switch between your two SIMs (the single SIM and the eSIM) if you meant to use both at a time. In other words, you can have them both active at once by receiving your calls on a primary SIM and connecting your data on the other secondary SIM.
|Google Pixel 3a||Google Pixel 3a XL|
|Operating System||Android 9.0, up to Android 10|
2220 x 1080 (18.5:9)
2160 x 1080 (18:9)
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 670
2.0GHz + 1.7GHz
|Qualcomm Snapdragon 670
2.0GHz + 1.7GHz
18W fast charging
18W fast charging
|Amazon Rating||3.1 out of 5||3.7 out of 5|
Google Pixel 4 Series (4, 4a, 4XL)
First: the ability to take professional photos and it spares the user the need to remove photos, as it comes with an unlimited space from the Google Photos service.
Second: Pixel 4 has a “new way to control the phone” as the device comes with the Quick Gestures feature that allows you to control the phone without having to touch it.
Third: The phone provides all the benefits of Google Assistant.
Fourth: These devices share the accuracy of the dual and front camera, the processor, the access memory and storage, and their support for eSIM, but the difference lies in the screen and the battery.
First: The Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL phones carry a high-performance Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor with 6GB of RAM and the raw version of the system (Android 10); This means outstanding performance and smooth running of games and applications and switching between them.
Second: Storage capacity (64 and 128 GB) without a port to add external memory,
Third: The user can add one regular SIM, as there is a built-in SIM
Fourth: The battery capacity of the Pixel 4 phone (2800 mAh) seems somewhat less than expected; As for the Pixel 4 XL’s battery, it has a capacity of (3700 mAh).
Fifth: There is a fast charger (18 watts) in the purchase box, and the two phones also support wireless charging technology.
How to Switch eSIM in Google Pixel
To switch eSIM in Google devices:
- Firstly, tap Network & Internet settings.
- Tap on “Mobile Network”.
- Choose “Advanced”.
- Then it will open a list of carriers, just choose a service provider you want to go with.
- Finally, tap on Switch.
Samsung e-SIM supported devices
Samsung announced three new phones at the Samsung Conference 2020, which was held in San Francisco in the United States of America. The Samsung Galaxy S20 is the smallest version in the Samsung S20 series of phones, as it comes with fewer capabilities than the Samsung S20 Plus and Samsung S20 Ultra; But all of them have an embedded chip (eSIM). After that, Samsung adopted eSIM in its newly released devices.
Here is the list of Samsung phones that support eSIM.
- Samsung Galaxy S20
- Samsung Galaxy S20+
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S21
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S22
- Samsung Galaxy S22+
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Fold
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
- Samsung Watch
Here are the details for some Samsung devices.
Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra
- Super AMOLED display with high resolution
- Up to 1.5TB storage with microSD card
- HyperFast 5G speed (only S20 Ultra 5G)
- Powerful batteries, maxing out at 5,000mAh
- Upgraded camera with the revolutionary 8K Video Snap
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
It has an unusual model with a full-screen display and revolutionary flexible glass folds to fit in your pocket:
- Hands-free camera experience
- Dual battery
- Ultra-wide camera with a 123-degree field of view
- Face recognition and Fingerprint Scan
- Up to 1.0Gbps LTE
Samsung Galaxy Fold
It is the ideal smartphone for reading or watching videos since it is extremely fast and has a wide range of multitasking capabilities.
- Conveniently folds up to protect the main screen
- The huge 7.3-inch AMOLED screen
- A powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor
Note: Samsung Galaxy Fold: Samsung lets you store multiple eSIM providers with its Galaxy Fold which has a single physical SIM slot and an eSIM, but since the latter is only compatible with European carriers, the eSIM feature is unavailable on this model.
Huawei e-SIM supported devices
The Huawei P40 is the first cell phone from the Chinese manufacturer to support eSIM. And below is a complete list of Huawei eSIM-supported devices.
- Huawei P40
- Huawei P40 Pro
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro
The Huawei P40 Pro+ is not supported with eSIM.
Oppo eSIM Devices
- Oppo Find X3 Pro
- Oppo Reno 5A
- Oppo Reno6 Pro 5G
- Oppo Find X5
- Oppo Find X5 Pro
Oppo Find X5 Lite is not supported with eSIM.
Other eSIM Supported Devices
Motorola Razr 2019
It is has a protective folding design, a smaller profile, and a full front screen for excellent selfies.
- Unique folding design
- 710 Snapdragon processor
- 21:9 ratio HD screen
- Great video-processing power
Motorola Razr 5G
- Foldable P-OLED
- Operating system: Android 10
- SIM: Nano SIM and eSIM (Water-repellent coating)
NUU Mobile X5
It is recommended for affordability, power, and durability:
- HD screen
- Scratch-resistant screen
- 2,950 mAh battery capacity
- Fingerprint ID
- Smart Gestures, Record video with the 13 MP rear and 5 MP front camera simultaneously.
When you combine all of this with the phone’s eSIM capabilities, you’ve got a phone that can keep you connected no matter where your travels take you.
- Rakuten Mini
- Rakuten Big-S
- Rakuten Big
- Rakuten Hand
- Rakuten Hand 5G
- Sony Xperia 10 III Lite
- Sony Xperia 10 IV
Sharp Aquos devices
- Sharp Aquos Sense6s
- Sharp Aquos Wish
- X90 Pro.
Motorola Razr 5G
Xiaomi 12T Pro
Xperia 1 IV
Surface Pro X
Honor Magic 4 Pro
What about the World of iPads?
Apple’s tagline states regarding iPad (7th generation), ” like a computer. Unlike any computer.” Further, it adds much ease of use and versatility to its users, especially after upgrading its display making it more convenient for business users and creatives. To clarify, staying active with work, catching up on great books, keeping amused while traveling, or all of the above all day long can be done right from your iPad.
Furthermore, it is worth pointing out that what rises this iPad series to the top is the fact that you can stay in touch wherever you head without bothering to sign up for a monthly plan. In short, you can choose the option that fits you with the dual SIM your iPad contains.
The list of iPad eSIM supported devices:
- iPad Pro 11″ (model A2068)
- iPad Pro 12.9″ (model A2069)
- iPad Air (model A2123)
- iPad (model A2198)
- iPad Mini (model A2124)
What are the laptop supporting eSIM?
- ACER Swift 3
- ACER Swift 7
- ASUS Mini Transformer T103HAF
- ASUS NovaGo TP370QL
- ASUS Vivobook Flip 14 TP401NA
- Dell Latitude 9510
- Dell Latitude 7410
- Dell Latitude 7310
- Dell Latitude 9410
- Dell Latitude 7210 2-in-1
- HP Elitebook G5
- HP Probook G5
- HP Zbook G5
- HP Spectre Folio 13
- Lenovo Yoga C630
- Lenovo Miix 630
- Lenovo Yoga 520
- Lenovo Yoga 720 convertible laptops
- Samsung Galaxy Book 2
- Surface Go 2
- Surface Pro X
- Surface Pro 5 LTE Advanced
Why is it essential for your new phone to support eSIM?
Having an eSIM-enabled phone entails:
- No roaming charges = Performing tasks faster.
- No data overage fees = Effortless connectivity from anywhere in the world.
- No swapping SIM cards = You can top up your data instantly!
- No more clinging to public WiFi = More secure connectivity.
Now the question is: Will the coming years be booming for eSIM?
There are many best upcoming smartphones that will be equipped with eSIM in the coming years, for most the companies will. No doubt, start shifting to eSIM platforms and the manufacturing of the eSIM-compatible phones will be taking center stage in the future as the default smartphones.
That is to say, this is crucial for the use of mobile connectivity overseas. This is because being always on with the internet in your pocket while traveling is something unnegotiable in a dramatically changed life. Hence, it is getting much easier and quicker to use your chosen data plans from your esim supported devices than hitting to either use hot spots, such as hotels, cafés, shopping malls, business premises, etc., or buy another prepaid local SIM. Therefore, follow this tutorial to discover how you can enjoy this service provided by Numero eSIM App.
On whole, we hope you have liked our thorough guide on eSIM phones for 2022.