Traveling and exploring new countries remotely is not a dream anymore. The growth of technology day after day with the 5G on the rise and remote work opportunities along with the spread of social media has contributed to the shift of the great number of youth to carry their offices with them with the emergence of the freelancer phone number.
Moreover, with the late Covid-19 pandemic launching the workforce to operate on a scale from home, workers and employers understand the real benefits of remote work, some of whom are permanently embracing the practice. Thus, many variables lead to the potential of independent employees to become digital nomads, forming a rising workforce trend.
But who are digital nomads? What lifestyle do they experience? How can Numero eSIM App be the right hand for this digital nomadism trend? Do you know what does the freelancer phone number mean?
What Is the Digital Nomad lifestyle?
There is one main difference between a digital nomad and a freelancer. It’s the lifestyle. That is, Johannes Völkner identifies the digital nomads as in the following manner, “they spend at least a few months of the year abroad, change their destinations frequently (usually every few weeks but can stay up to 6 months), and earn a living while working online.“
Most freelancers are remote workers, but they work in their home country or even 1 city only. Some freelancers work in-company on a project-based assignment for which they themselves wrote the tender or the proposal. Both can work from anywhere, however, the difference lies in that some remote workers work remotely from home, while digital nomads, like the name implies, are nomadic in nature; they move around from place to place.
Now, the most important point for digital nomads is to manage expectations from clients and collaborators to find you available, especially as traveling digital nomads working from a different time zone. How to stay connected?
Virtual Phone Numbers (freelancer phone number)
Have you been a nomad for many years now? Are you getting sick of changing phone numbers all the time, always run into buying new line and SIM card when moving to work from a brand-new county? However, being a digital nomad means that when you are traveling the globe, you can face difficulties or limitations about your phone calls. But the good part is that your international freelancer phone number (the virtual number) can be your partner while traveling. To go reachable once you land with an easy way of switching among your numbers with a single app, such as Numero eSIM App is one of the great advantages you can touch while using freelancer phone number.
Need to dive more into why you would need a freelancer phone number while traveling? See here.
Need to dive more into why it is vital for you to have a virtual phone number? Great! We have you covered here.
Numbers are not simple!
- According to IPSE, more than 4.8 million Brits are now listed as self-employed in the UK.
- In the US, according to a study by MBO Partners, 4.8 million independent employees identify themselves as digital nomads.
- There are 12 million registered freelancers on Upwork.
- The majority (60%) of freelancers who left traditional employment now earn more.
- 61% of freelancers specialize in 2 to 3 talents.
- The majority of the US workforce will be freelancers by 2027.
The virtual age allows people to be accessible at any time and everywhere. And the telephone has been the backbone of the entrepreneurial lifestyle, now a mobile device equipped with smart technology. Entrepreneurs and freelancers use their phones to locate data, check emails, track accounts, draw up invoices, pitching clients, keeping a list of regular contacts and leads and manage their schedules. Simply stated, to run their business, they need a dedicated business phone number.
Here are some of the reasons for considering a freelancer phone number, whether you are actually freelancing or considering freelance jobs.
How to Be Self-Employed and Keep Your Life in Order?
(1) Stay linked
It is a fact that most freelance work is done online. Therefore, staying online is vital to keep the lines of communication open with your colleagues or clients. However, it can be a challenge to stay linked, particularly when you consider different time zones, work schedules, and availability. How to stay in touch with your international clients? Use your international virtual numbers as a freelance phone number to call each other as if you were one street apart. Text them when you are unable to talk or busy with the time you can call them back.
(2) Attract new global clients
You can set up as many numbers as you need without any additional fuss for relatives, customers and suppliers, for example. Incoming calls are then filtered, all on a single smartphone, according to the number dialed; personal or professional and from which country. This makes it easy to determine if the call should be answered and how.
Add to your profile different international numbers by which your clients can reach you from the top countries. This tactic can draw a professional image of you as an international freelancer. Consequently, clients will go ahead and call you to do their business. Why?
- Freelancing is a competitive business and who proves seriousness wins the invitation. International virtual numbers give that attitude without saying.
- Using your personal information when you advertise and approach clients could make your clients perceive you as unprofessional.
- Simplifying your lines with international virtual numbers helps you establish trust and courage for clients to reach you without any long-distance fees.
- It shows that you can draw new customers and help you develop a profitable reputation by being open and reliable whenever.
(3) Separating your private and freelancing professional worlds
Some do this by integrating things like sports and family time into their schedules; others take time off on a regular basis or have a separate mobile phone only for work. This choice is pricey, however, and can become difficult to handle. Any entrepreneur or freelancer will encounter moments of tension between their private and professional spheres. For example, during a phone call with a couple of partners abroad, you may receive a call from the baby keeper, other times you might postpone a barbecue night because a client needs to chat on a Saturday night. Moments like these literally come. However, you need to gain back control over your life with some Numero tips:
- Have two phones within yours; your real one for your personal usage and the virtual one provided by Numero for your business.
- Have a dedicated business number to give away to clients and to add to your freelancing profiles.
- Place your business calls and SMS and receive them with your international number.
(4) Productive on the move
Whenever you leave your virtual office, calls can be redirected instantly to your mobile. Moreover, voicemails can be forwarded as Mp3 attachments to your email address. This guarantees that your work continues.
(5) Mobile freelancing
Freelancer is not tied to any office. You can work from the coach in your home or any other distention you prefer, let it be a coffee shop, a bookstore or even while traveling. That is, use your virtual phone number as a business freelancer phone number to take your business with you wherever you go. How?
Call your clients and receive their calls as long as you are connected from any region you head with the ability to change into a virtual number with the same area code. This can help you feel local while doing business abroad.
(6) Hide your real number
You already have a cell phone to make calls. You don’t need another phone for business, but you need a business number to work on your phone in order to:
- Run your business without the need to show your real number to a whole community of strangers.
- Protect your real number which is a valuable component in any simple hacking process. Or Even hide your real number so that you won’t bother yourself answering annoying calls.
- Showing professionalism in separating the number you use for freelancing from your personal one.
(7) Quick setup
Without the need for specialist resources and trips to the installation crew, virtual numbers are installed and completed immediately. Therefore, save your time and effort to concentrate on more critical issues with the global virtual numbers in a matter of seconds with each number you choose. Need to know how? Visit here.
(8) Boost Your Revenue
It is only about freelancing platforms that you can connect to clients from different countries. Moreover, you can expose your skills to potential clients through suitable communications apps.
- Save your expense as Numero virtual phone numbers don’t involve signing complicated contracts or checking any fine print. Buy unlimited numbers and cherish the local pricing of your numbers and calls.
- Meet new clients and maintain business-related communication effectively. For example, you can activate another WhatsApp, Viber or Facebook account to undertake your freelance relations successfully.
- Earn more revenue using WhatsApp Groups connecting freelancers to global clients.
(9) Taking a Couple of Well-Deserved Days Off
Now, adapt your phone to your requirements. You can enjoy your family day or vacation by forwarding your calls to:
- Your personal number to take care of the very urgent issues while off.
- A voicemail service.
- One of your partners in case you anticipate a busy afternoon, but you don’t want customers to receive your voicemail.
- A landline and ensure consistent connection quality during calls.
Numero is tailored for the 21st-century entrepreneurs to take their hands to face the changing economic environment that requires the resources to grow their business while still facilitating a balance between work and life. Today, you are using the virtual number to build up and improve your freelancing career, and tomorrow you will no doubt use them to help grow your business, boost your marketing campaign or enhance your customer experience.